Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Like What I Found! :D

I belong to an Anti-Twilight group on Facebook and on one of their discussion board has this topic called, "A reason why Meyer's vampires aren't vampires".

ONE MEMBER ADDED THIS IN AND I LOVE IT!
She's (Stephenie Meyers) never read a vampire novel before.

"Have you read Bram Stoker's Dracula?
No, but it's on the list. I should've read that one a long time ago, but right now I can't read any vampire novels. I tried, after I wrote Twilight, to read The Historian, because it was the big thing that summer. But I can't read other people's vampires. If it's too close [to my writing], I get upset; if it's too far away, I get upset. It just makes me very neurotic.

Is it true you've never seen a vampire movie?
I've seen little pieces of Interview with a Vampire when it was on TV, but I kind of always go YUCK! I don't watch R-rated movies, so that really cuts down on a lot of the horror. And I think I've seen a couple of pieces of The Lost Boys, which my husband liked, and he wanted me to watch it once, but I was like, It's creepy!"

Taken from here - INTERVIEW WITH VAMPIRE WRITER STEPHENIE MEYER

So like... She writes a novel on Vampires but has never read or thoroughly watched something with Vampires in it. Makes you wonder if she even researched her subject.

With her upcoming "mermaid" project as well, maybe she'll give them the ability to breathe and live on land. ;D
I like what I read! I really hate Twilight for that reason. Vampires aren't vampires because of Meyers. I really hate it.

I write a lot, too but at least I do my research first and I write about something I like. Meyer's own genre of vampire is just... not right... don't bother writing a vampire flick if you don't like vampires or if you think that vampires are scary.

OH MY GOD, SHE LIKES JANE AUSTEN! STICK TO ROMANCE PLEASE, DON'T BOTHER WITH VAMPIRES OR OTHER MYTHICAL CREATURES!

I rest my case.