Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Beauty and the Beast

Over the weekend, I went to Kuala Lumpur just to catch a musical. Beauty and the Beast to be exact. Despite spending money just to go to Kuala Lumpur to watch it. I think. It was worth it. Here is some facts and reviews.

In my life, I've attended FOUR musicals:- Cats, Puteri Hang Li Po, The Phantom of the Opera and Beauty and the Beast. All have the same affect on me. Before it starts, when the music starts especially, I feel like crying. It was worst with Cats and The Phantom of the Opera because both were works by Andrew Lloyd Webber but Cats was performed at Istana Budaya, Kuala Lumpur... As for the Phantom of the Opera, I watched it at Broadway, New York. And NEVER have I NOT ENJOYED a musical. I've always loved musicals.

Beauty and the Beast, being typical Disney, is one of those musicals with audience at the age range of 5 to 99. Anyone can watch a Disney musical and of course in order to 'attract' kids' short-term attention life-span, they have to make it funny. I seriously don't understand why some people are disappointed about it... it is a musical. If you find Beauty and the Beast boring... what more something serious like Les Miserable, The Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd or Miss Saigon? I've seen The Phantom of the Opera and there is no funny scenes like in Cats or Beauty and the Beast. Yet, I still loved it. It was beautiful. I wished they would bring in The Lion King (Musical) next!

My review on Beauty and the Beast. Despite being a kids-friendly show, it was worth watching. It is a bonus if you are a fan of musicals. It is based on the Disney version (obviously)...

Personally, I enjoyed it. Here are some pictures I've managed to get from the musical.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

That are the pictures. I didn't get from the first act because I was using my handphone. The pictures didn't come out quite the way I wanted it. *sighs*

I will blog later. Right now, I am feeling rather brain dead. I am damn hungry actually.