Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Jajersz (me) and Chinese Movies

I can't deny this. I absolutely LOVE Chinese movies! I don't get it why some people doesn't like the fact that I love Chinese movies! Racist-much!

I often have SOME people asking me, "Why do you not like Malay movies?" My answer? Simple. Malay movies are often too soapy for me. EXCEPT Yasmin Ahmad's movies. Now HER MOVIES are good. They are so multi-racially connected.

However, I was watching this show on TV1 last night when I was at my parent's house at Mont Kiara. It was SO RACIST, I felt like throwing something at the TV when this Malay guy confronted this Chinese girl saying things like, "Why do you live with that lady? Do you know her culture as a Malay? Do you know how we Malays are like?" I was like, WHAT THE HELL? The girl, however, said she had been staying in that village for quite sometime and she was used to the culture but the guy insisted she leave.

Oh. My. GOD! What the hell was the writers thinking when they came up with that script?? I wish I could drag those writers to Muara Tebas back home! Muara Tebas is generally a Chinese area where they have that beautiful huge temple overlooking the sea. And they live alongside with the Malays. Or Buntal! Oh, my God, the Chinese at Buntal speaks BETTER Malay than me for crying out loud! Why do racist exist? Things like these ALWAYS make me angry.

Why?

My Mum was a Chinese Anglican before she met my Dad. She was brought up by my Eurasian Grandmother like a Malay mother raises her children minus the narrow-mindedness. So, I was brought up in a multi-racial family environment. To me, all races are the same. We are all human after all! Hence, me getting angry at RACIST STATEMENTS. Now, they took out Hang Tuah from the history books JUST BECAUSE HE WAS RUMORED TO BE CHINESE?

I am not going to go too deep into such issues.

About CHinese movies.. I love CHinese movies because of the sword fighting and the plot of the movie. I had always loved Chinese movies since I was young - many thanks to my Dad - yes, my Dad is also a Chinese movie fan :D I remember, the very first Chinese movie I ABSOLUTELY love was The Swordsman, Brigitte Lin took the role of Asia the Invincible. She is SOOO awesome in that movie. Actually, Asia is a man who cut off his 'thing' to gain some powers. Eventually the HE turned into a SHE. The awesome part of this movie is the song.

This is the TRANSLATION... The title of the song is, "Hero of Heroes" (aka "A Laugh at the World" or "A Single Laughter in the Sea")

The heavens laugh at the troubled world.
Only they know who is to win and lose.

The mountains laugh, the rain is afar.
When the waves grow old, the world still goes on.

The clear winds laugh, such a feeling of solitude.
Bygone camaraderie, leaving behind a tinge of melancholy.

The earth laughs, solitude no more.
My sentiments laughing still.

Until today, I still love both the movie and the song.

I can't help to say that I will have to end here. My brain is all squeezed out already. I need sleep. That is like the only thing I lack by being here... *sighs*