Friday, January 22, 2010

Someone To Talk About

Note that I said SOMEONE not SOMETHING to talk about.

There was an outburst on Facebook lately about a Hani Tarmizi. She is more popular than any of the Akademi Fantasia students. There is a catch. She had got a WHOLE STATE cursing at and hating her. What state is that? My homeland. Sarawak, East Malaysia, Borneo.

How did she become so famous with the Sarawakians' hatred towards her? Just because of ONE Sarawakian disturbing her husband, she label MOST Sarawakian girls as sluts and bitches. That is her mistake. I would think, her husband has something to do with it. And of course, I blame the Sarawakian girl, too. I am NOT going to support that Sarawakian girl but I am supporting the fact that Hani has NO RIGHTS to label MOST Sarawakian girls as sluts and bitches because of ONE person... She has NO RIGHTS to judge a WHOLE STATE because of ONE person. Yet, somehow, I pity Hani for receiving all those curses from the biggest state in the country.

I am from Sarawak and though I hate husband stealers that doesn't mean I go around condemning a particular state as a whole. Hani had proved herself to be a RACIST AND A STATE-IST. If you are angry that someone is trying to steal your husband, you don't judge her as a Sarawakian but as an individual. AS JUST ONE PERSON. No matter what her race or religion or where she originates from.

But, considering our beloved Prime Minister is trying to get us to stand united to be 1Malaysia. I think, and I am so sorry to say, it is only wishful thinking if STATE-IST like Hani exist. I love the idea of 1Malaysia but so sorry to say this and I am being honest, as far as I am concerned, Sabah and Sarawak are demonstrating real 1Malaysia-ness.

The Sarawakians are standing united to fight against Hani's mindless statement. It is good to see no matter what their races, religions and origins are, they are standing together to sign a petition to get Hani to apologise to ALL SARAWAKIANS for her inconsiderate statement.

Also, this is vital, DO NOT INVOLVE YOUR PERSONAL LIFE INTO FACEBOOK... It might end up being a controversy. And if you were getting a divorce, you announce it on Facebook to let the whole world know that you are going to be single and available soon? Wow. Talking about self-promoting. It is logical that whatever problems you face in a relationship (whether it is your marriage or your engagement or with your boyfriend/girlfriend) YOU DO NOT GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT IT NO MATTER HOW ANGRY OR UPSET YOU ARE WITH THE SITUATION. That is what you call it a personal problem. Let the personal problem remain personal. Don't shout it out to the world. You are not the only one in Cyberspace. The whole world is. Thus, the world is getting smaller these days.

I hope in the future, people (I am not pointing to ANYONE from any state in particular) won't repeat the same mistake as Hani. Her spiteful words ended up controversial and she ended up popular. In a bad way.

Like how we Sarawakians say it, "Femes dengan sumpah seranah jak." *giggles*

NOTE: Everything written in this blog entry is just a personal thought.