The two-minute clip shows the handler inviting visitors to take pictures with the tiger while he forces the apparently drowsy animal to sit up and kicks it in the head with his knee to get it to pose. -- PHOTO: YOUTUBEKUALA LUMPUR - WILDLIFE activists on Saturday protested at a Malaysian wildlife park over a video posted on YouTube showing a tiger being manhandled for the amusement of visitors.The two-minute clip shows the handler inviting visitors to take pictures with the tiger while he forces the apparently drowsy animal to sit up and kicks it in the head with his knee to get it to pose.Around 30 activists took part in the protest outside the A'Famosa resort, saying they were 'appalled' by the video, their spokeswoman Rina Omar said.'We can't support any park that doesn't treat animals the way they should be treated,' she said from the resort in central Malacca state. 'The tiger is our national icon, people are really upset about this.'The video sparked criticism from other groups, with Friends of the Earth describing it as 'horrible and a disgrace'.The wildlife park insisted staff had not abused the tiger and said they had stopped allowing visitors to take photos with the big cat. A'Famosa general manager Allan Chee earlier said the tiger 'was just drowsy and lazy after being fed' and was being prodded to get into position. -- AFP
-The Straits Times Digital-
The last paragraph is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT ever. Come on, any ANIMAL LOVER who've seen the video wouldn't think so. I've seen the video more than twice and the more I watch the video, the angrier I get. When I first saw it, I cried. The poor tiger. The stupid fucker of a handler pulled the whiskers. CATS in general DO NOT like that and would fight back but the tiger didn't move at all. It IS OBVIOUS it was sedated. Fucker, don't pull a fast one. No ANIMAL would tolerate such thing even if it is tired.
ONE DAY, if I hear any tiger attack in A Farmosa, I will support the tiger because like humans, animals have feelings too, and they can eventually feel jaded! Fucking hell. Just typing this makes me feel angry.
Here we are claiming that the tiger is the icon of Malaysia. It symbolises Malaysia and here people trying to kill them and abuse them.
It affects me emotionally because I love cats, big or small. They are beautiful creatures. Dangerous but beautiful and like us, they are only trying to survive. People say they attack humans but don't they know that these animals are only defending their territory. We are destroying their homes and yet we blame them for their instinct to attack people.
Again, my question is, which is the beast? The man or the cat?
