Sunday, May 9, 2010

This Mother's Day: Dedicated to Mummy and Aunty Mimi

Since the day I was born she had been there for me. She helped me grow. She kept me safe. Yet, I had been quite a troublemaker, making her worry and angry. At the end of the day, despite it all she still loves me. That is the role of a mother.

Mummy had been misunderstood by many including her own sister but they don't know her like we do. Mummy is full of surprises despite her stern looks. I did blog about our cute conversation because of Athena. Mummy is also a fortunate woman because she still looks young for her age. The secret is my two sisters and I *winks*

Now, I am far from home, I miss being in constant contact with my family. I miss hearing Mummy grumbling although at times I don't like it. She is my Mum, that is what she is supposed to do when I do something wrong.

I am glad Mummy controls me from going out like a stray cat at night especially. She gives me curfews because she cares and it is not because she doesn't trust me or believe that I can't take care of myself. It is because she doesn't want anything that is possibly bad to happen to me. I am glad she is that way. That is the only way she could keep me safe from the fucked up world outside.

Besides Mummy, the other person who takes care of my sisters and I when Mummy isn't around is my beloved Aunty Mimi. Aunty Mimi the one person I go out often when I am in Kuching. I always have stories to bring home after a day out with her.

I love Aunty Mimi as much as I love Mummy. Aunty Mimi is our mother when Mummy isn't around. So whenever SOME idiot talk bad about Aunty Mimi, my sisters and I will 'pounce' onto the person who talked bad about her. Aunty Mimi is one of those people you will fear but will love. I guess, that is where Mummy got it, from her cousin. Hehe! Many of my schoolmates from St. Mary's who went to St. Thomas Kindergarten or her tuition would remember her as a strict lady.

Anyway, I only wished Mummy and Aunty Mimi since they played a very big role in my life and yes, a brief phone call to Aunty Ah Huang.

I miss being in Kuching. Seriously.

Owh. I forgot to mention, it is Grandpa's birthday today, too :)

More later. I think.