Saturday, December 27, 2008

Second Month Anniversary

Today... our second month together! :D Let me begin with this...

Raya 'o8 would probably be the nicest of all the Rayas I have celebrated. Normally. I would dread 2nd day of Raya! The 2nd day of Raya always meant many people coming to the house. Endless hustle and bustle. I hated 2nd day of Raya.

This year, 2008... I was minding my own business hoping that no one would come until I got a phone call from Jay asking if I was at home. I told him I was since it was my open house day! So, he told me that a few of them were coming. Then, I heard Ijan's voice. [NOW, Ijan and Jay were my friends since 2004 and these are the two who often helped me whenever I had problems, so they are considered the good guys on my book and for FOUR years of knowing them, I never had any betrayal from them...] I told Jay that it was okay since there was almost no one at the house.

They came with 4 other people... a girl and three other boys. We sat outside, talked. Served them drinks and I noticed one of them had this tee shirt which I found rather amusingly stupid... what was on the tee shirt? Internation Symbol for Fuck You. I was tempted to tear that tee shirt off that guy's body. Yet, with him there smiling at me, I took out the forgive-and-forget rule. It was just a shirt. But still. So, I invited them in to eat. Since I had my dinner earlier, I sat down at the couch which was in the dining room and talked to them while they ate.

Ijan asked me if I was still with M and I told him that I was happily single. Then I showed them the stupid scar on my left arm. The guy wearing that crude tee shirt then said, "All guys are the same... they are only after one thing... after they get that one thing, they ending up hurting the girl's feelings... even if she was honest with him!" I was shocked. For a moment there, everyone was quiet then I managed to say, "Won't a girl be lucky if she could have a guy like you?" That guy looked at me then looked down at his plate. Then it was silence.

After eating, we went outside to the living room and talked... got restless, we all went outside and talked again... When we were sitting outside, I attacked Ijan since I found some pictures on his Friendster which kinda pissed me off. So Mr. Crude Tee Shirt assured me that he will look after Ijan for me and he asked for my number in case Ijan were to do anything stupid, he would contact me. I gave him my number.

He contacted me the very next day. I was surprised and to think I was in a bad mood, at least there was someone to actually text. So, I got to know him. I was finding pleasure in texting this guy name Akim. He was fun to contact. I was happy when I texted him considering I was angry at the fact that I couldn't go out that day! On that same day also, he confessed something to me which made me quite unhappy and I knew I instigated him about it. He told me he fell in love with some girl. She had Chinese looks and she was super socialised. He told me also his friends introduced her to him. I instigated him not all girls could be trusted. I had to admit, I was quite jealous but then... I kept things to myself since I didn't say much.

A few days after Raya, I contacted Akim again. But there was no reply from him at all. I got bored. Life went by normally. Until one day, I was hanging out with Mirul and told him I was in the mood to karaoke. So, I called Ijan up asking him what time was he heading for work at Pop Wave II. Then, I heard in the background people making noise so I asked Ijan who it was and Ijan told me it was Akim. I INSISTED on talking to Akim! Over the phone, as excited as I was, I screamed at him for disappearing and he laughed. He told me he didn't have credit to sms me back. He will contact me once he has credit and he will add me to his Friends and Family.

I told him then I insist him to meet me at Pop Wave II. He said he will be there. I was getting excited to actually laugh with him since he was a fun guy to be with. So, Mirul and I went to Pop Wave II... Ijan and Bob came first. I didn't see Akim. I was about to get excited when this guilty looking guy came in. It was Akim! When asked why and he said he wanted to malinger from work. So, he did.

We karaoked and I got teased by him. I felt like strangling him but at the same time I was happy he did because he made me laugh. I tortured him with some songs, too. I made my selection and when I did he screamed his head out. It was fun.

We karaoke-d till 8 something until I asked him for help to go with me to Demak and send Mirul home. I was afraid to go alone so I dragged him along. We talked and I realised, for some kind of weird reason, I was falling for him but I kept things to myself... I was nervous and I knew one thing he kept looking at me.

When I sent him back to Pop Wave II, I felt slightly bored. I wanted to spend more time with him but I knew I had to go off since I promised that I would hang out with Kak Finie since she was feeling rather depressed.

Akim and I kept in touch after then he decided to just disappear. Again. Once again, I felt like something was missing in my life. Until one day, I contacted Jay and Ijan wondering if we could all hang out or something... in the back of my mind, there was a different agenda. I wanted to find Akim. I wanted to be with him. I wasn't desperate but I wanted someone I could laugh with. He was always very entertaining. I had to admit, I missed him. So, in the morning, I kidnapped Jay and then I told him I wanted to kidnap both Ijan and Akim.

When Jay directed me to Akim's place, his scooter wasn't at home and Jay went in and asked about Akim came back to the car said, he wasn't home. I was disappointed. "We will try again later, Jay!" I told him. Jay agreed. So we decided to kidnap Ijan next. When I took Ijan, we went to Akim's place. Again! No luck. This time, I was both worried and disappointed. The question racing through my mind was, 'Where is he?'

When Jay, Ijan and I were sitting at Siang Siang at 3rd Mile, Jay asked me an interesting question. "Between us four, who will get married first?" Ijan was busy with his kolo mee and I said, "Hm, Jay. There is only the three of us here. Why four?" Then Jay said, "You. Me. Ijan and Akim!" And I said coolly; "As far as I am concerned, I am the ONLY one who is still single among us!" And this Ijan said, "Ja, correction. Akim is also single." I looked down, blushing. Then I took the courage to say, "Well, if that is the case, I think you and Jay will get married first because you guys are not single! Haha!" Jay looked at me and said, "You will be surprised." Those words alone kept me thinking. I didn't want to think more about it except that I kind of wished Akim was around to back me up.

I got worried but then I was getting busy over the week end since it was Athena's Adat Bercukur.

The end of the week came. It was a Monday, October 27th 2008. I was driving to Batu Kawa to fetch Imelda who needed help when I received a text message and it was from Akim! I was so happy to see his text! Most of the time, I was texting him and I did try to get him to meet up with me... and as a cover after helping Imelda out, I was cruising around Petra Jaya area.

At one point, he asked me where I was at so, I told him I was around Petra Jaya and he told me to meet up at Masja since I was nearby. So, I went. I bought stuff to drink and eat first since I was hungry and my appointment with Juliana was around 3 something. So, when I was driving to Masja, I realised I was followed by a scooter. He had a sleazy smile on his face when he saw me. He was stalking me! And when I parked, I saw the familiar smile.

The hair! I was expecting to see a guy with yellow hair! Not black mohawk like hair! The smiled shot the Cupid's arrow into my heart! Damn! That was when I realised it was Akim as he parked behind me. We sat. Talked. Me, when it come to getting nervous, I can't seem to keep still. Until Juliana contacted me saying she needed a delay. So, as much as I showed dismay on my face, I was leaping for joy!

When the time came, Juliana was already at Pop Wave and I was sitting with Akim talking. I had to go off. I was a wee bit upset when I offered him, he said 'no' since he had to do something.

Finally, he asked the question after a thousand text messages. For the life of me, I cannot remember how I reacted but I was happy. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the text message. I accepted him with new hope.

Basically, that is how we came to be. Hope he would be better than Maman. Actually. He IS better than Maman despite his black history! He proved to me a lot of things.. but I cannot be too over confident. I need to stay on the safe side also. I am still doubtful. I still have my uncertainty~ after all, it's been only 2 months. I was deceived for 3 years. Yet. Now, at least Akim tells and shows me everything he does. He admits he drinks and so forth. So. This much I can tell... he is NOT a hypocrite. Like Maman, who claimed that he doesn't drink alcohol anymore or have any girls behind my back but still do all those and still have scandals... owh well. Pity his wife. Hope she is stronger than me. All the best, Girl. I am HAPPIER WITHOUT Maman. I can still have male friends but then I still limit my distant with them although Akim doesn't mind yet I still have to take care of his trust.