You used to be ahead of me,
And when you realised you were too fast,
You slowed down and waited for me,
Only to take my hand and walk at my pace:
That was the you before,
Now...
You leave me behind,
I feel like the tortoise in a race with a hare,
You had to stop for a while and I went on,
Only to leave you behind...
As I continued my journey,
In a way I waited for you to run after me,
Yet you never did,
You stopped completely,
I stopped my journey,
Sitting alone by the side,
Watching Lovers passing me by,
Making me feel sick,
Only to make me feel more hatred towards them,
The flames of jealousy conquered my mind,
I waited only for you,
But you never came...
It rained and it poured,
No sunshine came through my path,
Until...
Someone stopped by from where I sat,
I saw that person's feet,
Hoping it was yours as my sight was unclear,
So I squint a little and saw a different face,
A familiar face,
An unexpected face,
He reached out his hand towards me,
Instantly I forgot why I was sitting at the side,
I forgot about you,
And all the pain you caused me in waiting,
I was saved from more pain,
And from the cold,
By someone else and it is not you,
I thank my Saviour for saving me,
And now,
I continue my journey,
Without you and all ahead of you,
You try to catch up but you are too late,
You won't catch up with me,
Because,
Finally, you lost me...
© Jasima Junaidi