Thursday, September 4, 2008

You're Too Late...

I waited.
Patiently.
Painfully for you.
To tell me that you are sorry.
For you to beg for forgiveness.
But you never came through.
You continued your journey with her and them.
You never saw the loneliness I endured within me.
You never saw the tears coming from my eyes.
You never held my hand again to keep it warm.
You kept her body warm.
But left me cold.

A year I suffered.
Loving you.
Having confidence in you.
Until then, I decided to give up.
You never called.
You never ask me how I felt.
Or where I was.
You seem to not care about me.
So I learnt not to care about you.

Slowly...
I fell out of your clutches.
I broke free from the cage you kept me in.
I didn't have anymore feelings left for you.
Only then you realised it was too late.
I am sorry.
I admit, some part of me still loves you.
Some part of me still misses you.
But you killed my trust.
You left a scar on my heart.
I don't want more scars.
I don't want to hurt anymore.
I want freedom.

You begged and asked for forgiveness.
I can't accept.
You're too late.
I am sorry...
No matter what you do.
You are just too late.

© Jasima Junaidi