Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lecturers Of The Year

If I were to rate top three lecturers of IACT, I would sound bias but then this is honesty.

NUMBER 3 : Mr. Tan Meng Yoe

He is our Mass Communication lecturer. He is NOTORIOUS for his Ah Beng jokes and his cynical thoughts about our "neighbour" :) Our class is always noisy when he is teaching. Personally, the one thing I find about Mr. Tan awesome is he reminds me of many people I know back home in Kuching and my elder sister would consider him a good friends because he loves GRAPHIC NOVEL - to be exact, Superman.

EPIC WIN QUOTE: "If I make a joke, and you guys don't laugh, I will deduct 5% from your assignment marks." (OF COURSE HE WAS JOKING!)

* * * * *

NUMBER 2 : Ms. Suhana

She is our Presentation Skills lecturer. Ms. Su, somehow, has a lot of interesting opinion about anything under the sun. She is very interesting. Again, she reminds me of a friend from back home, how happened to be a Sarawakian newspaper editor. She maybe our lecturer, but she is often seen at the mamak with the students. Also, Ms. Su has plenty of epic win quotes but I can't remember all, except, ONE..

EPIC WIN QUOTE: "Are you registered to vote? If you are not, then you trust the government. So, don't complain when the price of petrol going up!"

* * * * *

NUMBER 1 : Mr. Lawrence

Your first impression when he walks into Creative Thinking would be, "Old man. He might be boring." He wouldn't be boring if I put him at number one now, would I? Contrary to how we look at him, Mr. Lawrence is AWESOME. He is very open with us all. He treats us like adults. My sisters would love him if he were to teach them. He, at times, remind me of my Dad.

EPIC WIN QUOTE: "If I'm the second ugliest man in this world, who is the ugliest man? Lim Kok Wing."

* * * * *

I compare my IACT lecturers with my SEGi College lecturers. Oh. My. GOD! BIG DIFFERENCE! I got this cultural shock and it hit me like a heatwave!

When I was in SEGi, I was nothing but miserable. Not only the subjects were dry as overtoasted bread, the lecturer delivered the subject monotonously.

Forget about SUCKS (SEGi University College Kuching, Sarawak)

Anyway, there was something on the roof, I freaked out, I just had to close my window! -_-" Scratching and weird sounds. Now, my room is hot like a sauna room :(