"It's easy to support a team when in glory but to support a team when in struggle; it shows your character. "
Yes. We Kopites live by that.
In life, you win a little and you lose a little. I noticed, SOME people support a team because they are always winning. They don't always lose but when they start losing, they boycott that particular team to support the winning team. I hate that kind of people. They only pick a team who wins.
Life, it is not always about winning and I learnt it the hard way.
That is why I LOYALLY support Liverpool. The KOPITES often come up with quotes like the above. It is okay to lose. When I was in St. Mary's many years ago, when we lost that choral speaking competition, I remember what our principal told us, "It is okay, girls. We lost GRACEFULLY." When I was 16, honestly, I did not embrace the meaning but as I got older, I did. No matter how hard we tried or practised, win or lose, it is a different story. What matters, at least, we tried our best and losing isn't about being a loser forever.
Nevermind, MU fans, go ahead AND CELEBRATE but victory WON'T be yours forever. No doubt you had legacies like Cantona or Beckham. You've got Owen the traitor. Rooney won't last long, not even Ferdinand.
Today, you shall laugh gaily and celebrate like leaping leprachauns. Tomorrow? You might even lose to the worst team. Nothing last forever. Not even victory.
What makes me angry at matches like this, MU fans (especially), when they lose, they accuse luck is on the other teams' side when they didn't play well. When they win, they start prancing around like My Little Ponies telling the other team's supporter that their teams suck.
Yes, I am angry at people like that. It is just ONE MATCH for crying out loud.
Congratulations, MU (to both team and fans). To the fans, don't start bragging in front of me or I might snap at you. I don't deal with bragging people too well.
You'll Never Walk Alone~