{{ Part I }}
Photography and Me
How does photography affect my life? Academically, all my life, I've been a literature student. I analyse poems, stories, novels in many weird ways and I let my imagination run free. When I read something, I tend to imagine things. That goes for my analysis with photography. When I see something I like, I will snap a picture. If I don't like it, multiple attempts are made. Until I get the perfect shot, then I am happiest. How do I put in the two together?
I use my imagination. I believe that 'a picture tells many stories, when a thousand words paints out a picture'. You can use different words to describe a picture but you can only imagine ONE PICTURE from reading a thousand words.
So, it is based on your creativity. Different people different perspective towards life. So? No one is completely wrong or correct about anything. For instance, Ted Adnan's expertise is LIGHTING. Not everyone like the Creative Lighting System (CLS). But I can tell that Ted loves lighting. My favorite subject is clouds. My younger sister just told me she doesn't like taking pictures of clouds. Not everyone likes editting their pictures, they like it original. We are all entitled to our own perspective. Not everyone is into technology or mechanism. Not everyone is into art... Then it was Ted who told me, (mind you, personally) that it is not the equipment, it is what you see.
So, my conclusion, you cannot go all wrong or all right in photography. Owh sure, you got the, "that angle is not nice" or "no, that is not right!" It is all based on your own satisfaction in photography. We all have our own favorite subject. Most people like taking SELF-PORTRAITURE ;) I tend to when my Narcissism kicks in :D So? Who are you to say that there is RIGHT and WRONG in photography?
{{ Part II }}
Photography and Luck
I recently learnt to use a DSLR (consider 2007 a recent year...) and the first DSLR I've used is a Nikon D40x. Then, I upgraded to a Nikon D80.
Honestly, so far, I've got not best picture with the D80! Sounds sad, egh? The best picture I've done with a D40x is this one:-
Photography and Me
How does photography affect my life? Academically, all my life, I've been a literature student. I analyse poems, stories, novels in many weird ways and I let my imagination run free. When I read something, I tend to imagine things. That goes for my analysis with photography. When I see something I like, I will snap a picture. If I don't like it, multiple attempts are made. Until I get the perfect shot, then I am happiest. How do I put in the two together?
I use my imagination. I believe that 'a picture tells many stories, when a thousand words paints out a picture'. You can use different words to describe a picture but you can only imagine ONE PICTURE from reading a thousand words.
So, it is based on your creativity. Different people different perspective towards life. So? No one is completely wrong or correct about anything. For instance, Ted Adnan's expertise is LIGHTING. Not everyone like the Creative Lighting System (CLS). But I can tell that Ted loves lighting. My favorite subject is clouds. My younger sister just told me she doesn't like taking pictures of clouds. Not everyone likes editting their pictures, they like it original. We are all entitled to our own perspective. Not everyone is into technology or mechanism. Not everyone is into art... Then it was Ted who told me, (mind you, personally) that it is not the equipment, it is what you see.
So, my conclusion, you cannot go all wrong or all right in photography. Owh sure, you got the, "that angle is not nice" or "no, that is not right!" It is all based on your own satisfaction in photography. We all have our own favorite subject. Most people like taking SELF-PORTRAITURE ;) I tend to when my Narcissism kicks in :D So? Who are you to say that there is RIGHT and WRONG in photography?
{{ Part II }}
Photography and Luck
I recently learnt to use a DSLR (consider 2007 a recent year...) and the first DSLR I've used is a Nikon D40x. Then, I upgraded to a Nikon D80.
Honestly, so far, I've got not best picture with the D80! Sounds sad, egh? The best picture I've done with a D40x is this one:-

I was experimenting with macro shots (another favorite of mine) and I shot a picture of the pellets. When I first saw it, I wasn't satisfied and I tried again. Wasn't as nice. So I deleted the picture. Another shot was taken. Again, I wasn't too happy. Was it all because of luck? Or wasn't it?
When it comes to luck in photography, I noticed it always happen when I am using my cameraphone. The best picture I've ever taken (on my first take) is this next one:-
When it comes to luck in photography, I noticed it always happen when I am using my cameraphone. The best picture I've ever taken (on my first take) is this next one:-

Some people, when I first showed it to them, they thought it was taken with a DSLR. Oh boy, did they get the shock of their live when I said, "nope, it was my Sony Ericsson w700i!"
Don't get me started on my point and shoot cameras! Gosh! Really, it is weird, after handling a DSLR, you give me a PnS, I tend to get all blur! Haha! When it comes to PnS, I enjoy taking MACRO shots! And one of those micro shots:-
Don't get me started on my point and shoot cameras! Gosh! Really, it is weird, after handling a DSLR, you give me a PnS, I tend to get all blur! Haha! When it comes to PnS, I enjoy taking MACRO shots! And one of those micro shots:-

and

This picture if you see through my Flickr, you will see the sand detail! :D
All those shots are just me being lucky! Clairvision? Probably. We see things differently. That is our gift. :D
Anyway, I am looking for a moment where the Nikon D80 will give me some good luck ;) Actually. It did. Only, my shots aren't scenery shots but PORTRAITURE of Andrea :)
All those shots are just me being lucky! Clairvision? Probably. We see things differently. That is our gift. :D
Anyway, I am looking for a moment where the Nikon D80 will give me some good luck ;) Actually. It did. Only, my shots aren't scenery shots but PORTRAITURE of Andrea :)

My attempt at CLS! :D
Hehehe~ Owh. That one can't be considered luck though. I was TAUGHT to do CLS! Haha! But that happened to be my favorite shot with the Nikon D80! Hehe! :P
{{ Part III }}
The Conclusion
Now, I am running out of ideas on what to write. All I am trying to say is... ANYONE can take pictures. Be an amateur. A professional. As long as you've got the eyes for a certain subject, you can take wonderfully delightful pictures! :)
And always remember, ANY CAMERA can be used to take pictures. You don't need expensive equipments to take pictures. Yet, there is something to ponder about. Photography is an expensive hobby. :D Let the passion drive you to understand why ;)
Hehehe~ Owh. That one can't be considered luck though. I was TAUGHT to do CLS! Haha! But that happened to be my favorite shot with the Nikon D80! Hehe! :P
{{ Part III }}
The Conclusion
Now, I am running out of ideas on what to write. All I am trying to say is... ANYONE can take pictures. Be an amateur. A professional. As long as you've got the eyes for a certain subject, you can take wonderfully delightful pictures! :)
And always remember, ANY CAMERA can be used to take pictures. You don't need expensive equipments to take pictures. Yet, there is something to ponder about. Photography is an expensive hobby. :D Let the passion drive you to understand why ;)