Sunday, August 17, 2008

Give Me Something I Can Believe

Second day in a row of All I Need by Within Temptation... Honestly, I really really love that song. It is a beautiful song. I have to admit that that song have a nasty impact on me. I am not going to tell why or how but the reason why I want to make that video with Juliana because that song reminds me of how something verbal became physical... that is the imagine I get when I think of that video. An abusive relationship.

Here are the lyrics:-

I'm dying to catch my breath
Oh why don't I ever learn?
I've lost all my trust,
though I've surely tried to turn it around

Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away when you hold me in your embrace

Don't tear me down for all I need
Make my heart a better place
Give me something I can believe
Don't tear me down
You've opened the door now, don't let it close

I'm here on the edge again
I wish I could let it go
I know that I'm only one step away from turning it around

Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away when you hold me in your embrace

Don't tear me down for all I need
Make my heart a better place
Give me something I can believe

Don't tear it down, what's left of me
Make my heart a better place

I tried many times but nothing was real
Make it fade away, don't break me down
I want to believe that this is for real
Save me from my fear
Don't tear me down

Don't tear me down for all I need
Make my heart a better place
Don't tear me down for all I need
Make my heart a better place

Give me something I can believe
Don't tear it down, what's left of me
Make my heart a better place
Make my heart a better place

It is weird. This song has hope in it but I am thinking of an abusive relationship. Here is a spoiler. Maybe, I want to write the storyboard in a way that the girl was in an abusive relationship then got herself out of it and wanted to commit suicide but she had a friend who helped her out and they ended up together. I might want to change it a little bit... maybe she did intend on committing suicide but ends up dead anyway because she got invovled in an accident... while she was crying and didn't see where she was going...

The other song I have in mind is Frozen also by Within Temptation... Frozen is slightly straight forward.

I can't feel my senses
I just feel the cold
All colors seem to fade away
I can't reach my soul
I would stop running, if knew there was a chance
It tears me apart to sacrifice it all but I'm forced to let go

Tell me I'm frozen but what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons I did it for you
When lies turn into truth I sacrificed for you
You say that I'm frozen but what can I do?

I can feel your sorrow
You won't forgive me,
but I know you'll be all right
It tears me apart that you will never know but I have to let go

Tell me I'm frozen but what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons I did it for you
When lies turn into truth I sacrificed for you
You say that I'm frozen but what can I do?

Everything will slip way
Shattered peaces will remain
When memories fade into emptiness
Only time will tell its tale
If it all has been in vain

I can't feel my senses
I just feel the cold
Frozen...
But what can I do?
Frozen...

Tell me I'm frozen but what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons I did it for you
When lies turn into truth I sacrificed for you
You say that I'm frozen, frozen...

This one... I imagine the girl causing the problem in a relationship and the guy eventually left her. She cries and regret for what she did. Haha! I hadn't thought of an ending though. Yet, Within Temptation had a different idea for Frozen...




That is their official video. I love Sharon den Adel! She's got a very powerful voice. I noticed that gothic rock singers have very powerful voice. Gothic rock and metal are two entirely different things. I think I should stop now, my head is killing me and my emotions are still trying to slice me into pieces...

Or... do whatever there is to do...