Saturday, February 6, 2010

Writer's Block: How has your education prepared you for your current or intended career? Do you wish you had taken a different path academically?

I should have answered this question YEARS ago when I was doing my LLB in SEGi College! Let's make an assumption I am still studying the boring subject at that idiot college.

*ahem* Wait, let me make myself comfortable with the question.

I was supposed to take up law because my Dad needed someone (an heir) to take over the company. I had NEVER liked law because I am NOT the type of person who has no emotions. I get very emotional. I hate it most when people pushes my buttons. It annoys me, big time.

Law was too theoretical for me. I may like reading but trust me, when you read law, you can't even put any song into the things you read from those extremely thick textbooks and all those dead guys... If wasn't for A.C Dicey, I would have been a LAWYER already but NOOOOO, he insisted LAW to be studied in universities!

Jeez!

Thank God, I stopped making myself suffer with THEORIES like the GOLDEN RULE or the LITERAL RULES or my estranged mine to be disturbed with the Blaue case... Eww. I am not a very follow-by-the-law kind of person and my Dad expects me to be a LAWYER?

Now, I am taking Mass Communication at IACT College (some AWESOME (and I MEAN IT) college) in Petaling Jaya. It is more of my thing because our minds are opened up to be creative and there is NO such thing as a WRONG answer. And for the first time, we are told to watch movies, read more books, and OPEN OUR MINDS. In other words, to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

I should stop now, I feel like my mouth is bleeding.. Shit. I hate it when this happens. It means I lack sleep (or slept a little bit too much)...

I think, I should go now... But then again...







WHAT THE FUCK?

ANOTHER FIRE NEAR GAMBIER ROAD, KUCHING? THE OTHER DAY WAS GAMBIER ROAD ITSELF, NOW IT IS WAYANG STREET? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THAT AREA?


Hmm, since last year, that area has been catching fire all the time. First it was Ted Lim's shop which was further up. Then it was FAH company (which was totally wiped out by the fire) and now.. nearer to the temple... OH MY GOD, I HOPE BISHOP'S GATE WON'T BE THE NEXT PLACE!! This time, it is nearer to my old school. The tattoo parlour. The 7th Slavery? Hmm. I hope not too bad. I used to love walking by there..

Why can't SOME people just reserve the area since it is the oldest area of the city? The area with the most historical background? Jeez.

That is our city's heritage. The problem is, if someone stands up for Gambier Street's rights, that someone will get into trouble. Argh! STUPID!

I had my say!